SWTOR Crew Skills Guide
Here’s an interesting SWTOR Crew Skills Guide to help you find your desired crew skills that fits your needs and class.
But first I’d like give a brief what is crew skills, what is the use of crew skills, why you need to learn crew skills. The Star Wars The Old Republic galaxy is rich with valuable resources, high-tech schematics, and intriguing opportunities and the Crew Skills system allows you to take advantage of everything under the galaxy.
You’ll assign your crew of companions to gather resources, craft useful and valuable items, and even to undertake their own missions, bringing you and the rest of the crew a variety of benefits and rewards.
SWTOR Crew Skill Types
- Archaeology – the ability to seek out imbued items like Lightsaber crystals and ancient artifacts
- Bioanalysis – the practice of collecting genetic material from creatures and plants
- Scavenging – the art of recovering useful materials and parts from old or damaged technology
- Slicing – a skill in accessing secured computer systems and lockboxes to acquire valuable data and rare schematics
These are the skills where you need to specialize depends on your needs. Your crew may able to contruct armor, weapons, implants or other types of useful items and gear. You may use these items for your self or sell them. With SWTOR even your away from the ship or offline your crew still continue craft and give you a reports as soon as you finish it. Crafting skills are very specialized disciplines; for your three Crew Skills slots, you’ll be able to select one Crafting skill for your crew to master. You may choose from six crafting skills:
- Armormech – the ability to work with hard metals and electronic shielding to construct all types of personal armor
- Armstech – the skill of constructing blasters, blaster rifles and upgrades
- Artifice – the delicate work of constructing Jedi and Sith artifacts
- Biochem –the engineering of performance-enhancing chemical serums and biological implants
- Cybertech – the technical expertise to construct gadgets and components for Droids and high-tech armors
- Synthweaving – the art of creating lighter outfits and armors that are imbued with supernatural qualities
With these skills, you may send companions out to do various missions to recover information or conduct a research, hunt down loot, trading in illicit goods, participating in diplomatic missions, or complete other goals to bring you rewards and earn you light or dark side points. You can choose from a variety of mission skills – is your crew into
- Diplomacy – the art of conducting and managing negotiations
- Investigation – the skill of examining evidence and following clues to discover valuable secrets
- Treasure Hunting – the ability to track down and recover valuable items by investigating a series of clues
- Underworld Trading – expertise in the trading of illegal goods and services
SWTOR CREW SKILLS MAP GUIDE
One of the great crew skills map and may help for those peeps that up to now are still undecided and still trying to dig for more info for crew skill. Almost same path you’ll get when you talk to any crew skill trainer in game you get an entry in your codex that explains what the skill is used for and what skills complement that one except with blue path (shown above) that gives you an option to take it or not.
Just want to send credits to Guild Umbra for the images above, taking into consideration force/non-force users.
Hope this guide above will help you to plan your crew skills as the game start whether you plan it to farm and earn credits or for personal use.
SWTOR CREW SKILLS TIPS – Bonus!
- Players will have three crew skill slots to fill with any combination of Gathering, Crafting, Mission skills. However, a player may not fill more than one slot with a crafting skill. This will force specialization and make sure that players are not self-sufficient when it comes to crafting. You could have a mission skill, gathering and crafting or two gathering and one crafting
- Companion bonuses to skills are currently mild so that players will not feel they can’t take companions out on the field because they are too valuable on the ship taking advantage of their bonuses.
- Only companions do the actual crafting.
- You will not see anyone’s companions running around completing their assigned tasks.
- You do not need special workbenches to make items
- Crafting is based on time invested more than XP level. Do not expect to decide to become a Master Crafter over a weekend
- Some recipes will be limited per server to make them rare
- If you wish to do the harvesting/gathering yourself you can. It’s not limited to your companions
- Crafting missons can take between 5 minutes to 24 hours
- All crew skill trainers are available at the Capital worlds.
- There are no limitations on what class does what type of crafting
- The majority of crew skill missions are accessed from a pool of random missions but some are unlocked when you find rare items which give better rewards.
- Companions can not die while on Crafting missions but they can fail. If it fails the lost incured is the credits it cost you to send your companion on the mission
- Your companions do not have crew skills themselves. The crew skills they can use are based on the crafting skills your main character has.
- The maximum number of crew that can perform any crafting skill, at one time, is 5. Any others spare could be doing missions, gathering or traveling with the main character
- If you want to quickly farm companion favor and dark/light side points, get Diplomacy and Treasure Hunting. You could additionally pick Slicing with these two if you’re only interesting in making credits rather than crafting.
We would like to hear some comments and suggestions with you guys just leave your message below. Find content interesting? Share it with your friends!